However, no one wants their smartphone to turn yellow over time. Isn’t it true? Fortunately, there are a few simple methods for preventing and avoiding this dreaded yellowing!
What causes a clear case to become golden yellow?
Plastic and/or polymer end phone covers are the most popular options. Our transparent phone covers are composed of a TPU/BPA-free hybrid material that makes them slightly flexible (but not stretchy) while remaining lightweight. Although there are several reasons for these materials to yellow with time, the main reasons generally include:
- Ultraviolet (UV) exposure (oxidation)
- Another visible light exposure
- Extreme climate conditions
- Excess oil(s)
Is it possible to get rid of the discolouring?
Unfortunately, once these materials have yellowed, there is little that can be done to reverse the process. The problem is deeper than a simple surface layer. However, there are things that you may do to avoid or delay future yellowing!
- Keep your phone out of the sun at all times! If you’re outside, keep your phone in a bag or cover it with sunscreen!
- Avoid direct exposure to other sources of visible light, such as harsh lights or lamps.
- Extreme climatic conditions, such as high temperatures and high humidity, should be avoided.
- When you’re oily or sweaty, don’t touch your phone — perhaps bring a tiny towel with you if you go to the gym!
- Keep your phone out of tight pockets that create a lot of friction, as this can cause it to heat up quickly.
What else can I do to keep my transparent phone clean?
In addition to the yellowing described, clear phone coverings (in their transparency) are also more vulnerable to small scratches and other minor flaws. To extend the life of your case and the design, consider utilizing the following methods to keep it clean on a regular basis:
- Make use of a micro-fibre cloth to remove any minor scratches or scuffs.
- Wipe any extra grime off your phone using a tiny face towel that has just been dampened—as far away from the design of your case as feasible.
Cell phone case yellowing is tough to cure but you may certainly use our recommendations to prevent it in the future! Additionally, check out our cases for a low-cost alternative!